a way to work in pajamas....

There are ways and ways. Becoming a virtual assistant (or a VA) is one of them. Don't be fooled by the term assistant! It's no joke! It requires hard work. - a tremendous amount of back-breaking, mind-boggling, stomach-churning work. Sometimes I ask myself - "should I just go back to the corporate world?".

I could. But that would mean giving up my dream - of a simpler life, with lots of moments for pause and reflection, and a job that allows me to "go to work in my pajamas".


Thursday, February 24, 2011

Will I Be Here to Eat the Mangoes


Of course that's a mango tree!  I don't need to tell you that. What I need to tell you is - that's not ours.  Before you even request that I bring you some.

That mango tree- heavy with flowers and baby mangoes - is the prized possession of my Mom's neighbor.  All I need to do is step out from my bedroom into the balcony, stretch my arms, and grab all the mangoes I can grab.

I know- some people would call that ...stealing? Well, not in this town. In this town, any fruit of your neighbors- that you can reach- is yours.  That's a law.  My Mom's law.  And I believe her.  Because in this town, that's everybody's law.

Since there's no threat that I would have to go to court for eating our neighbor's mangoes, I've been dreaming (and planning) of getting several of these succulent fruit.  There's only one problem.  They're not yet ready for stealing.  Sorry! I mean picking. 

Everyday, since I arrived here 12 days ago, I would step into the balcony, look at the tree and wonder- will I ever get to eat the fruit?

Looks like it.  Yes, I've been here for 12 days.  And I so badly need to go back to the city. But I'm only half-way through with my VA projects.  5 out of 10. I don't know if that's good or bad. All I know is that I'm getting the hang of it.  Learning so much.  Enjoying working-in-my-pajamas so much. Overusing my laptop so much (that doesn't sound right!) - but you get my drift.

I am yet to finish the VA projects.  But I will.  Soon! Probably in complete, perfect timing with the ripening of the mangoes.  I just need to keep on working. And visiting our neighbor's mango tree while I'm here.

I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime, check out Jomar Hilario's VA Seminars

Cebu - http://www.1shoppingcart.com/app/?Clk=4273835
Manila - http://www.1shoppingcart.com/app/?Clk=4268349
Downloadable -
http://www.1shoppingcart.com/app/?Clk=4268351
If you don't have a paypal account, email me at earnondweb@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment