a way to work in pajamas....

There are ways and ways. Becoming a virtual assistant (or a VA) is one of them. Don't be fooled by the term assistant! It's no joke! It requires hard work. - a tremendous amount of back-breaking, mind-boggling, stomach-churning work. Sometimes I ask myself - "should I just go back to the corporate world?".

I could. But that would mean giving up my dream - of a simpler life, with lots of moments for pause and reflection, and a job that allows me to "go to work in my pajamas".


Sunday, February 27, 2011

my pajamas went on vacation

Everybody needs a vacation.  I think more so when you go to work in your pajamas.  It's not good for your pajamas to be overworked.  And a trip out of your home office will do you good.

So, where did my pajamas go?  The closet where else? I was out with family yesterday and today - celebrating birthdays.  I would have preferred staying home and finishing my VA projects.  But I can already feel myself feeling tired from all the late nights and sitting in front of the laptop for hours and hours.  I finished my 5th video tutorial last Friday.  It was a short tutorial.  Surprisingly, It took me more than 12 hours to do it.  Not good.  Considering I was getting the hang of it.

I should be getting better.  But tiredness and fatigue can destroy whatever skills you've acquired.  That's why  I decided to let my pajamas have a short vacation.  No matter where you're working, balance is important.  Work with no breaks can affect your productivity.  You may be able to still produce results when you're tired and stressed.  But I doubt if you can work efficiently. I mean, yes you have the results.  But what about the quality?  Didn't you spend more time revising and revising?  Overlooking things that  you wouldn't have missed if you're mind was sharp and your body full of energy?

My Mom's house is quiet once again.  And my mind feels a little sharper than it did just before the weekend break.  I feel I'm ready to tackle my next tutorial. That's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment