a way to work in pajamas....

There are ways and ways. Becoming a virtual assistant (or a VA) is one of them. Don't be fooled by the term assistant! It's no joke! It requires hard work. - a tremendous amount of back-breaking, mind-boggling, stomach-churning work. Sometimes I ask myself - "should I just go back to the corporate world?".

I could. But that would mean giving up my dream - of a simpler life, with lots of moments for pause and reflection, and a job that allows me to "go to work in my pajamas".


Wednesday, March 23, 2011

today is the day

Today is the day my assignments are due.  I was supposed to have finished everything a week ago.  After all, all my tutorials are done.  I only had the Odesk and the Brainbench exams to finish.  Unfortunately, I was unable to focus on these since March 11.

What's March 11?

(from ww.itn.co.uk)
That's March 11! The 9.0 quake that stunned the world and shook a lot of families.  Including us.

joz, vej, zaj

Those are my nieces.  Staying with their Mom and Dad in Chiba-ken.  Since the quake, we were constantly monitoring them and finding ways to get them home.  There was no way I could have taken the Odesk and Brainbench exams.  Not until after they're back home with us - which was last Saturday.

So, I've been cramming since March 21.  Reviewing all my assignments and finally, taking some Odesk exams. I have a few hours left.  I will make sure Jomar gets this before sunrise tomorrow. That's a promise. Or today will be the day I will hate myself.  For letting go of an opportunity to keep on working in my pajamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment