a way to work in pajamas....

There are ways and ways. Becoming a virtual assistant (or a VA) is one of them. Don't be fooled by the term assistant! It's no joke! It requires hard work. - a tremendous amount of back-breaking, mind-boggling, stomach-churning work. Sometimes I ask myself - "should I just go back to the corporate world?".

I could. But that would mean giving up my dream - of a simpler life, with lots of moments for pause and reflection, and a job that allows me to "go to work in my pajamas".


Wednesday, March 23, 2011

it's back to reality for my pajamas

I'm done with my 10 VA Projects.  Hallelujah! I just need to finish the ODesk materials.  Then I'm heading back to the city.  Tomorrow, hopefully.

My pajamas went through a really challenging 2 weeks.  Almost three, actually.  A lot of late nights.  Gallons of coffee.  Forgetting lunch sometimes.  Wearing pajamas everyday. I just might need a new pair of pajamas. And a new pair of eye glasses.  And a new laptop with bigger screen! I've been using this computer.  I don't need to tell you how challenging it can be.


But my pajamas are happy.  It was very exciting for them I'm sure.  Venturing into something new.  Learning so many useful tools.  Testing writing (and reading) skills. Trying to be creative.  Researching like crazy. Forgetting Facebook.  Well, not exactly.  Having less Facebook - that would be more accurate.

I'm not sure if my pajamas are eager to go back to city life.  It's kind of nice out here.  But my pajamas know - this is not reality.  I would still work in my pajamas.  It will just have to be somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment